Dear Patients,As we continue to monitor the Coronavirus development we wanted to inform you that our office is taking the utmost precautions to protect the health and safety of our patients and staff. We want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to avoid any appointment interruptions as the COVID-19 coronavirus impacts our city. We will remain open unless otherwise instructed by local public officials.
At Gotham City Orthopedics LLC, prior, during, and following each appointment, we clean and sterilize each treatment room. It's essential that we systematically clean the entire office before, during, and after patient hours daily. In addition, all of the office's personnel have appropriate protective garments: foot coverings, zip-up overalls with hoods, N95 face masks, eye shields, and gloves in order to ensure the safety of all of our patients and staff.
In response to the current situation, we have:
- Increased our already rigorous sanitation efforts in our treatment rooms, including paying extra attention to common areas and all shared surfaces
- Screen all patients for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (i.e., fever, cough, difficulty breathing) over the phone when they schedule their appointments and again as soon as they enter our office
- As soon as each patient enters the office we take their temperature with a sterile ear thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 99 degrees or greater is sent home
- Organized frequent team discussions to keep everyone informed and up to date on the latest protocols and safety measures
- Encouraged any employee that doesn't feel well to stay home
We recommend that you follow all local, state and federal guidelines/warnings. However, in some instances, time and personal distance will not help treat your Orthopedic injuries. For those who must be seen and treated, Gotham City Orthopedics is committed to helping you.
Sean L. Lager, M.D.
Founder, Owner, and CEO